- The pressures on community papers to go online. Why they do and why they don't.
- Groups such as API are beginning to recognize small papers and do community journalism training. Would API like to sponsor an event in DC?
- A panel on other types of community journalism not connected to the mainstream media.
- A follow-up with RTV-J on community radio and community TV.
- Connect with Jan Schaffer and J-lab. Its New Voices program has a lot of community radio and other projects.
- Look at the first year of the new Masters in Community Journalism program with U Alabama and the Anniston Star.
- Do a syllabus exchange.
- A panel that's an idea exchange about classes with a community service component.
- Partner with the science interest group on ag writing in schools.
Type of panel (pf&r, teaching, research)
Possible Panelists (limit to three; we need to include co-sponsor names as well)
Possible Panel Co-sponsors (divisions or interest groups)
Name of contact person for panel, e-mail & phone